Special education department is provide the individually planned systematically implementation and carefully evaluated instruction to help children with special needs achieve the greatest possible personal self - Sufficiency and success in present and future healthy environments.
Special education is designed to ensure that students with disabilities are provided with an environment that allows them to be educate effectively.
Classification of exceptionalities:
- Intellectual disability
- Learning disability
- Slow learner
- Multiple disability
- Children with developmental milestone,
- Other disabilities
Department are provided the following different areas for effective focus:–
- Identification of children with special needs.
- Screening and assessment
- Curriculum design
- Teaching basic skills (ADL, Social, Cognitive, Motor and functional acadmic, emotional, pre-vocational skill etc.)
- Classroom management
- Teacher –parents – students relationship.
- Teaching learning material and assistive devices.
- Behaviour modification
- Counselling of parents
- Individual teaching
- Group teaching
- Vocational training
- Connecting the school for manstreaming of children with special needs.
- Readiness of school
- Convergence of other department (Health, ICDS, Social welfare, district, Empowerment of persons with disabilities department, Government of Uttar pradesh, etc.)
- ID kit
- Awareness and senstization programm
- Course of D.Ed. SE (ID)